Tokyo Game Show Report and the State on Internet Radio!
What's new in Episode 255
• This week we have a special PSP version of the show. Short term solution till we are able to test other file formats and settle on one that will work for both the iPod and PSP
• Garnett Lee of the 1UP Network joins Robert on set.
• This week's tech pic is from Philip of San Antonio, TX. Philip is our Newtek contact. He helps us keep our TriCaster happy. Not a tech pic per say, but we wanted to show that DL.TV gets love out on the range.
• Scott Asnault interviews Tim Westergren of Pandora.com and the Music Genome Project on the State of Internet Radio.
• Speaking of Pandora.com. Check out this update to a Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player. Also keep an eye out for World of Goo.
• Every year, ExtremeTech builds a PC that will give you the best Bang for your Buck. Jason Cross, Senior Tech Analyst of ExtremeTech.com, shows off this years build.
• Garnett Lee finally gives us the lowdown on the Tokyo Game Show.
• And now for the viewer questions:
First question is from Kimberly of Milwaukee, WI:
Do you think with Playstation and Wii having free online play that Xbox live will at some point allow us to also play for free online?
Second questions is from Mike of Brooklyn, NY:
I have a Linksys Wireless G Router and my Internet speed reads 100.0 mbps on my desktop network connection. I know Robert comments on how he has to upgrade to a GB router to get a faster speed on his own connection. My question is does it matter what router you have in order to get a higher speed on your own network or do you also have to have a fast ISP connection to even consider a GB Router?
• DL.TV, along CrankyGeeks, is now in a licensing partnership with Mevio, which operates a popular online digital entertainment network. You won't see the format of the show change much, but Mevio will add valuable production resources and ideas to our mix. Look for more news on this partnership coming up, and we're happy to be working with the talented people at Mevio.com.
• Loyd will be on the show again real soon, like Nov 6th. Please remember to send you questions to our Sage of Tech.
• Next Week: Brooks Rowlett will be back on the show. We will have some Scary Games on the show in honor of Halloween. Plus, Loyd will walk you though some Tech Glitches.
See Ya Then.